Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1992-20 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Album rumours, FTPing...

From: brownfld@mrcnext.cso.uiuc.edu (Kenneth R Brownfield)
Date: Fri, 3 Jul 92 16:50:11 CDT
Subject: Re: Album rumours, FTPing...

The following piece was composed and performed by UK04160@ukpr.uky.edu:
|Unfortunately, the news of a new Kate album in July appears to be a
|wishful rumor. I have looked at a US release schedule that lists new

     Yeah, but rumors start popping up before the actual release...maybe if we
spread a hundred release rumors the album will come out?  Maybe?

|I haven't been able to ftp to wiretap.spies.com using the anonymous
|ID either. Has anyone been able to do this?

     The mailing list moved to uunet.uu.net, and so did the ftp site.  I think?
You can ftp anonymously to uunet.uu.net, but come to think of it I didn't find
KaTe stuff.  In transition?  Bill will probably enlighten us all soon.  ;-)

[...]
|(The preceeding info was taken from HOT WACKS).

     Hot wacks?  Yikes.
     Speaking of collective stuff, does anyone know the relative niftyness
of the "Words About Music" interview disk that's circulating?  I'd hate to miss
the one KaTe collectible that's gone through here in so many years, and find
out it was a gem too late.
     The person in Illinois with the license plate "KT FAN 1" is in my
Psychology class this summer.  Small world, or a whole lot of fans?  Or both?

|Paul (uk04160@ukpr.uky.edu)
                                                        Ken.