Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1992-19 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Clannad Discography

From: GTP10@phx.cam.ac.uk
Date: Fri, 19 Jun 1992 03:43:26 -0700
Subject: Clannad Discography
To: love-hounds@eddie.mit.edu

mtt@alaska.caedm.byu.edu (W. Stirling) asked:

> Neat!  Could you do me a favor and post / email me a list of Clanand's
> albums before _Magical Ring_ and the years they came out?  I've only
> been able to find two (_Crann Ul_ (excellent!) and _Fuaim_ (wish
> Enya'd done more)).  I know there are more, but the semi-discographies
> I've been able to collect conflict on album names and years.

Well, here, for the sake of completeness, is a comprehensive Clannad
album (CD) discography:

    Title           Label         Cat #         Date    Notes
    -----           -----         -----         ----    -----
 1  Clannad 2       Shanachie     79007         1988*
 2  Dulaman         Shanachie     79008         1988*
 3  In Concert      Shanachie     79030         1987*   Live album (but all
                                                        new material)
 4  Crann Ull       Tara          TARA CD 3007  1980
 5  Ring Of Gold    Celtic Music  CM CD 034     1986*   Live album (some new
                                                        material)
 6  Fuaim           Tara          TARA CD 3008  1982
 7  Magical Ring    RCA           ND 71473      1983
 8  Legend          RCA           ND 71703      1984    TV soundtrack (but
                                                        mostly songs)
 9  Macalla         RCA           PD 70894      1985
10  The Collection  K-tel         CD 215        1987    Compilation (no new
                                                        material)
11  Sirius          RCA           PD 71513      1987
12  Pastpresent     RCA           PD 74074      1989    Compilation (two new
                                                        tracks)
13  Atlantic Realm  BBC Records   BBC CD 727    1989    TV soundtrack (almost
                                                        completely instrumental)
14  The Angel &     RCA           PD 74328      1989    Animated film soundtrack
    The Soldier Boy                                     (one song, otherwise
                                                        instrumental)
15  Anam            RCA           PD 74762      1990

* These are the publishing dates of the CDs - they don't reveal the dates of
  the original LPs. I have put them in what I believe to be chronological
  order, but I could easily be wrong.

Geoff Parks