Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1992-19 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: new issue of _B-Side_

From: katefans@chinet.chi.il.us (Chris'n'Vickie of Chicago)
Date: Thu, 18 Jun 1992 21:29:23 -0700
Subject: Re: new issue of _B-Side_
To: rec-music-gaffa@chinet.chi.il.us
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

In article <68870@apple.Apple.COM> john@tessi.com (John Zimmer) writes:

>The latest issue of _B-Side_ (June/July) has some interesting
>interviews with Tori and Sarah -- as well as Lush and Curve for
>you noise freaks out there. ;)

There's also a piece about the band Cranes. Except for 2 songs, I've really
come to love their album _Wings of Joy_. Not brilliantbrilliant, just very
enjoyable. Warning though, Allison Shaw's vocals may take getting used to.
They could drive some people absolutely bonkers. Imagine Virginia Astley
on helium. If that doesn't help...sorry. Imagine Enya at 78 rpm on helium,
then slowed down and played backwards. Uh, still not quite there. Anyway,
try to get a listen before buying, 'cause I don't want to be responsible....

Vickie

(from Chicago, where, believe it or not, not all Bulls fans are drunken,
looting, jerk-off goons)