Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1992-17 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

tori bashing

From: Valerie Nozick <VNOZICK@EAGLE.WESLEYAN.EDU>
Date: Tue, 19 May 1992 01:22:59 -0700
Subject: tori bashing
To: love-hounds@wiretap.spies.com

phew!  that flame got *close*.

seems we've gotten into our may/june/beginning of summer period of calling for
the banning of discussion about some artist on .gaffa!  anyone recall a certain
female artist getting lots of attention last may?  heehee...do i dare mention
her name?  and if you don't know whom i'm talking about, subscribe to ecto this
very instant (or just looking over the archives will do).

just imagine what next summer will be like...by then, kate just *might* (lots
of optimism shining through here) have a new album out, and all of us will be
calling for the elimination of discussion about kate from .gaffa just as
automatic reaction to the change of seasons!  :-)

seriously, there *is* a tori mailing list available now...it's called really
deep thoughts, and i would volunteer the address if i knew it off hand.  if
someone really wants to know it, send me e-mail, and i'll get it out to you.
nevertheless, i'm all for discussion of tori and non-kate artists on this
newsgroup.  gaffa was created NOT FOR DISCUSSION OF SOLELY KATE BUSH, but for
the discussion of kate bush AND OTHER ARTISTS OF A SIMILAR GENRE.  tori
certainly falls into this category, as does happy rhodes (eek!  it came out!
don't kill me, please don't!  :-).  other artists like this might include sarah
mclachlan, bel canto, etc., etc., etc.  we're here to enrich our musical
spectrum.  i for one wouldn't have half the music collection that i do if it
weren't for the various interests of people on this newsgroup.  we're all music
lovers -- that can be assumed just from the fact that all of us take a few
hours a week to read gaffa.  so why not let us share our interests with each
other?  don't worry...as soon as the new kate album comes out, there will be
plenty of discussion on her, hopefully not to the exclusion of other artists.
if you want to hear about kate, start a discussion!  and if you don't want to
hear about tori, type 'skip' when you get to the message.

*set broadcast/flame = off*

      Valerie Nozick            "happy rhodes, kate bush, tori amos?
vnozick@eagle.wesleyan.edu       atlanta won't know what hit her!"
                                              ---a soon-to-be-southerner