Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1992-17 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Dollie Deluxe (was Bel Canto)

From: Scott Telford <s.telford@ed.ac.uk>
Date: Tue, 19 May 1992 04:55:42 -0700
Subject: Re: Dollie Deluxe (was Bel Canto)
To: w@dcs.ed.ac.uk
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: nnews@dcs.ed.ac.uk

In article <67231@apple.Apple.COM>, farrellj@aqua.pc.ocunix.on.ca
(Farrel McGovern) writes:
>         Then, of course, there is Dolly Deluxe, a duo of Swedish female

Actually, I'm fairly sure they're Norwegian (No, Norway isn't a little
town in Sweden 8^) and called Dollie (sic) Deluxe. I used to know a
Norwegian student who had a whole stack of DD CDs. They also entered
the Eurovision song contest years ago (early eighties) with a rather
nice number with a title that began with an L.

> singers who put out Rock vs Opera, which is a strange mix (litterally!) of
> Opera music, and Rock music. Very nice though...and the main singer is
> operacticaly trained...so she tends to "hit" notes, rather than just slide
> into them. They also were working on something called "Which Witch", which

I saw this CD at a record fair two days ago!

> "Which Witch". They are definitely on  topic here, since they are extreamly
> influcenced by Kate Bush, and won a local radio station competition with a

Damn! I would have bought it if I knew that!

"La det svinge, la det rocke og roll, la det svinge til du mister all kontrol.."
--
Scott Telford, Dept of Computer Science, / "What the world doesn't need is
University of Edinburgh, Mayfield Rd,    / more 'casual Kate Bush fans'. What