Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1992-16 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Minnie Ripperton & Rotary C

From: Tim O'Connor <toc@instance.com>
Date: Wed, 13 May 1992 11:01:35 -0700
Subject: Minnie Ripperton & Rotary C
To: Love Hounds <love-hounds@wiretap.SPIES.com>

REGARDING                Minnie Ripperton & Rotary Connection
people:

just recently dlk5n@jordan.math.Virginia.EDU (Daniel King) wrote:
> When you mention the album "Rotary Connection" it did not
> ring a bell.  So I'm not at all sure that you are talking
> of the Minnie Ripperton that I know.  Unless she has been
> reincarnated :-)

We are talking about the same Minnie Ripperton.  Rotary Connection is an
old, ancient, and dusty 60's group, flowers, hair and all, in which Minnie
sang.  Her astronomical range is quite evident thru out their music and is
quite worth the 25 cents any RC album would undoubtably cost you in some
old, ancient and dusty swap shop.  Don't know much about the group myself, I
ran across one album, not too scratchy, after a friend said he'd kill to
find one again.  He didn't, however, go to such extremes, merely taping mine
:-(

It's sad about Minnie's early demise.  Even with the likes of Kate and Tori
Amos around I still think her talent was quite rare and wonderful.  If you
do run across an old Minnie Ripperton or Rotary Connection album buy it and
listen for a moment in silence.  The music may be off the wall but Minnie's
voice will still remain pure and wondrous...

to'c

--
"A typical long haired half mad computer programmer on a typical computer
keyboard with odd toys scattered liberally about."