Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1992-15 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Hounds of Love Video

From: v129j6ed@ubvmsb.cc.buffalo.edu (I am not a Merry man.)
Date: Thu, 30 Apr 1992 08:29:00 -0700
Subject: Hounds of Love Video
To: <love-hounds@WIRETAP.SPIES.COM>
News-Software: VAX/VMS VNEWS 1.41
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: usenet@acsu.buffalo.edu

I remember reading somewhere that for the video, "Hounds of Love",
Kate directed it in the style of Alfred Hitchcock.  Many motions
of the camera were indeed in the Hitchcockian style.  Now, I saw
a reference to one of his movies, "The 39 Steps", involving the
use of the handcuffs.  i was wondering if anyone else saw any
other references from other Hitchcock films within the video.

"Groovy!" - Ash "Evil Dead II : Dead By Dawn" (1987)
"Fans are interesting things. Rush fans just can't comprehend why the
rest of the world doesn't like Rush. REM fans consider the rest of the world
beneath their social level to notice. Kate Bush fans love the rest of the
world, and the world loves them, but spend long nights plotting to knife
one another."                    --Richard Darwin
                                   Richard Darwin #33, "Gradenza"
"It's Nothing.  It's just a private joke between me and whoever is going to
be my analyst."  - Cary Grant "Mr. Blandings Builds His Dream House" (1948)
v129j6ed@ubvms
The KaTeFan(tm)