Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1992-15 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: "Queer Positive"

From: stev0@sti.com (Steve Berlin)
Date: Thu, 30 Apr 1992 06:11:42 -0700
Subject: Re: "Queer Positive"
To: <love-hounds@WIRETAP.SPIES.COM>
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

In article <66226@apple.Apple.COM> buckmr@rpi.edu (Ron Buckmire) writes:
[posting about how gays are re-claiming the word "queer" and making it
have positive conotations deleted]

>Better now? Examples of Queer Positive artists are stil requested to be emailed
>to me.

In no particular order (Gosh, where to begin):

Bronski Beat
Romanophski and Philips (sp?)
Phranc
Two Nice Girls
Chris Williamson
Holly Near
Boy George (Yes, he's still around)
Meg Christian
The Communards
The Smiths (anyone ever hear of this obscure cult band?)
Morrisey
Frankie Goes to Hollywood (Look, I'm not limiting this list to GOOD bands)
The Village People (see note above)
k.d. lang
Pre-sellout David Bowie
Kate Bush

I'm sure I forgot a couple of dozen (at least), but it's a start...

- Stev0 the oh, simply FAAABulous

--
Steve Berlin   |  This .sig has NO signature virus, nor does it even
stev0@sti.com  |  remotely refer to Kibo.