Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1992-14 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

No Subject

From: Account for Usenet System <news@sco.COM>
Date: Fri, 24 Apr 1992 10:09:07 -0700
To: uunet.uu.net!rec-music-gaffa@sco.COM

Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
From: jondr@sco.COM (Karen Silkwood's car)
Subject: Re: faux /joe
Date: Fri, 24 Apr 1992 17:08:27 GMT
Sender: news@sco.COM (Account for Usenet System)

henrik@atria.com (Larry DeLuca) writes:
>There was a rival from Japan (Suzisu - accent on 2nd syllable), but she was
>deemed to follow too closely with the Populists to rank truly with the
>other three.

i'm sure someone will correct me if i'm wrong, but i was under the
impression that the japanese language doesn't *have* accented syllables.
hence the common pronounciation of "hi-ro-SHEE-ma" is incorrect.  i can't
write it in a way that would explain how it is supposed to be pronounced
however.

--
Jon Drukman (finely honed machine)              uunet!sco!jondr   jondr@sco.com
Always note the sequencer - this will never let us down.