Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1992-14 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

No Subject

From: creed@nike.calpoly.edu (Chris William Reed)
Date: Fri, 24 Apr 1992 01:44:37 -0700
To: rec-music-gaffa@ucsd.edu

Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
From: creed@zeus.calpoly.edu (Chris William Reed)
Subject: Re: Tori Amos on David Letterman
Date: Fri, 24 Apr 1992 08:44:28 GMT

	Talk about luck!  I was just reading the news when I saw someone
mention that Tori would be on Letterman.  I never watch Letterman, but I
flipped on my TV set and saw Dave holding Tori's CD.  He then introduced
her.
	She sang and played "Crucify."  She was backed up by Paul Schaeffer's
(less than exemplary) band.  I think it would have been better had she played
without them.  Overall, however, it sounded good.  At the end of the song
Tori sang, "I will no longer crucify myself."  I really liked this statement.
	BTW, the review from UC-Davis said that Tori was from North
Carolina.  My parents live there.  Does anybody know what town she's from?