Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1992-14 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

No Subject

From: Sean Casey <sean@ms.uky.edu>
Date: Wed, 22 Apr 1992 00:59:06 -0700
To: rec-music-gaffa@rutgers.edu

Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
From: sean@ms.uky.edu (Sean Casey)
Subject: Re: Backmasking in Leave it Open
Date: Wed, 22 Apr 1992 07:59:04 GMT

cutter@silver.lcs.mit.edu (Faux Joe) writes:

|The Kick Inside was top-40 back then, fella.  Since then, her
|popularity has been steadily on the wane, no matter how much we raving
|Kate Bush maniacs HATE the thought.  Face it: most Americans only know
|her for that utterly (IMHO) crappy Elton John song.

That's weird, I've never heard that utterly crappy Elton John song
sung by her.

What I have heard on popular radio is "Wuthering Heights", "Running Up
That Hill", "This Woman's Work", and "Love and Anger".

Sigh, I can't listen to "This Woman's Work". Not without feeling like
I've been hit by a train. It drags emotions and thoughts out of me
that I'd rather not look at. Maybe once every year or two...

Sean
--
                  |``Wind, waves, etc. are breakdowns in the face of the
Sean Casey        | commitment to getting from here to there. But they are the
sean@s.ms.uky.edu | conditions for sailing -- not something to be gotten rid
U of KY, Lexington| of, but something to be danced with.''