Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1992-14 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Backmasking in Leave it Open

From: mdc@bsbbs.columbus.oh.us (Melissa D. Caldwell)
Date: Tue, 21 Apr 1992 18:57:28 -0700
Subject: Re: Backmasking in Leave it Open
To: love-hounds@wiretap.spies.com

rjc@cstr.edinburgh.ac.uk writes:

> fj> I get the feeling that she's viewed there somewhat like, say, Devo is
> fj> here
>

> No, more like Phil Collins. While we fanatics might think of here more
> like Peter Gabriel, to the population at large she is still
> just another pop singer.

This is true of my British friend.  Kate is on her list of
favorite pop singers along with Michael Jackson, Cliff Richard
and Paul Young.  She mentioned that she has a couple of
Kate's albums, but that she "hadn't heard much of her
recently."  (This was in November 91, before the Rocket Man
single was released.)

 Melissa Caldwell                         You want my reply?
 The Big Sky BBS (+1 614 864 1198)         What was the question?
 {n8emr|nstar}!bluemoon!bsbbs!mdc           I was looking at the Big Sky
 mdc@bsbbs.columbus.oh.us