Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1992-13 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Tori Amos CD 5's

From: jessica@dartagnan.rutgers.edu (jessica)
Date: Tue, 14 Apr 1992 08:17:26 -0700
Subject: Re: Tori Amos CD 5's
To: rec-music-gaffa@rutgers.edu
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

greg@mobius.viewlogic.com (Gregory Larkin) writes:

>Records and several other stores.  The only thing I saw in any
>of these stores was a "cassingle" for "Silent All These Years."

Speaking of that cassingle, it was only .99 so we picked up both
copies that the store had. The other song on it "upside down" is
one of my favorites so far. I listened to it a few times in a row
on the way home last night.

The piano playing and the backing vocal nearish the end remind me
a *lot* of kate. There are a few songs in particular in the Cathy Demos
where the piano playing is very similar, and in these backing vocals
Tori uses a high voice that is rarely heard in most of the songs.

One other thing I like very much about her voice is that she
is very passionate, one way or another, be it happy, sad, angry, tired,
energetic, dancing, or just plain mellow. Her voice is vey expressive
of all of these things. It's something that also reminds me of kate.
*every* single line, if not every single word, uses the voice in
a fully expressive way.

				jessica

--
|| jessica  || It is this that || Don't try to tell me there's no reason for ||
|| lawrence ||    brings us    || any moment in time, every memory of mine.  ||