Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1992-13 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

No Subject

From: news@ukc.ac.uk
Date: Mon, 13 Apr 1992 07:19:09 -0700
To: gaffa-post@eddie.mit.edu

To: rec-music-gaffa@uknet.ac.uk
From: spt1@ukc.ac.uk (S.P.Thomas)
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Subject: Re: Kate Bush's Secret Carnival
Date: 13 Apr 92 14:18:58 GMT

In article <65310@apple.Apple.COM> @hermes.intel.com:AGOUGH@AZ.intel.com (Andy Gough, x4-2906, pager 420-2284, CH2-59) writes:

>Hello All,
>     I remember back when I first listened to _The Dreaming_*, I was struck by
>"carnival theme" of much of the music.
>
>	[ ... ]
>
>	 4. Suspended In Gaffa

I often get distinct visual impressions when listening to music for the first
time, impressions which I then associate with a song for ever more.  With
SiG, the impression I got from the music is the view of the world from
a fairground ride we call in the UK "The Waltzer", which is like a
merry-go-round, only people sit in groups of circular seats which are
free to rotate any way they like.  If you can imagine (or remember) what
the world looks like from one of these, as its going around, then that
is the impression I get from SiG.

The wierdest visual impression I get is from RUTH, which I see as
shooting along a grey beam of light at great speed, and as I go,
circular patterns of light, in various colours (mostly yellow, for
some reason), surround and cavort around the beam in time to the
music.

Hmm, maybe I lay off the dodgy substances ... :-).

Keep well,

Stephen
--
| "You've been having a nightmare.  | Stephen Thomas -------------------------|