Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1992-13 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: A PG-13 Kate???

From: 71079000 <mortal@ucscb.ucsc.EDU>
Date: Mon, 13 Apr 1992 08:55:33 -0700
Subject: Re: A PG-13 Kate???
To: rec-music-gaffa@uunet.UU.NET
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: usenet@darkstar.ucsc.edu
Source-Info: From (or Sender) name not authenticated.

Re: Kate's rating, and Armorican rating terms in general:

G: General Audiences-suitable for children, cats, old ladies who knit
   doilies, &c., &c.

  "This cloud, this cloud--
                     Says 'Noah,
                     C'mon and build me an Ark.'"

PG: Parental Guidance Suggested-contains some small amount of violence,
    swearing, "sexual situations," a quick look at someone's butt, or
    something like that.

   "This kicking here inside
    Makes me leave you behind.
    No more under the quilt
    To keep you warm."

PG-13: Basically the above, but more so: Bullets instead of fists,
       "fuck" instead of "hell," sex instead of situations, breasts
       instead of butts, &c.

   "With a kiss
    I'd pass the key
    And feel your tongue
    Teasing and receiving."

R: This is where the sex and/or violence gets big time. Often the
   sex and/or violence is the entire point of the film.

                    "After the party
                     You took me back to your parlour.
                     A little nervous laughter
                     Locking the door.
                     My stockings fall
                     Onto the floor.
                     Desperate for more."

X: Originally meant for films that were even more graphic and explicit
   than R, X soon became synonymous with "Adult Movies," also known
   as porno flicks.

                    "My Pussy Queen
                     Knows all my secrets."

   (No, just kidding. Personally, I consider Kate Bush's music to
    be of a high enough quality that anything past "R" would be
    NC-17. See below.)

NC-17: Recently created so that movies could be rated as adult
       without the stigma of being "X" movies. Not often used, but
       useful when needed.

                    "In the warm room
                     You'll fall into her like a pillow.
                     Her thighs are soft as marshmallows.
                     Say hello
                     To the soft musk of her hollows."

Hope this clears things up!

= Lore Christian        =  "I want to be a lawyer.              =
=    Fitzgerald Sj|berg =   I want to be a scholar.             =
= mortal@ucscb.ucsc.edu =   But I really can't be bothered..."  =