Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1992-12 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Love-Hounds@wiretap.Spies.COM

From: rhill@netlink.cts.com (Ron Hill)
Date: Tue, 7 Apr 1992 01:06:25 -0700
Subject: Love-Hounds@wiretap.Spies.COM
To: Love-Hounds@wiretap.Spies.COM

        Scott - Is Carriad Kate any good?  Is the article in Record
collector any good?

        Welcome back (temporarily?) to fellow San Diegan Mark T. Ganzer
(known to me by reputation only).

        Did I miss it, or what happened with _Rocket_Man_ in Australia?  Did
it go go number 1, or back down, or.....???

        Brian asked for a review of the boxed set - the general feeling was
that it was too expensive and didn't contain linear notes for the B-sides
albums, and many people were disapointed that it didn't contain any
un-released material.

        Jude mentions seeing a drawing of Kate on the back of an Amiga
drawing program.  The program is Spectracolor, and it is included with the
program, and is used as an example on how to do various functions of the
program.  The artist is mentioned in the a text file:

Cheryl Austin is a self-taught artist, whose usual medium is colored pencil.
Her art appears in galleries in Laguna Beach, CA.  She discovered the
potential of the Amiga while watching her brother play with a friend's paint
program.  Her current project is a complete animation of "Kate Bush dancing"
which is being created in SpectraColor.

        This was about six months ago, and I haven't seen this, but maybe
after Cloudbusting Amiga comes out she'll see it and send me a copy of her
project.  :-)

        A friend of mine just brought over six episodes of one of Kate's
favorite shows, _Faulty_Towers_.  Does anyone know anything about this, when
was it on, how many shows were there, why were there so few, etc, etc.

        I found this old KBC article in the archives.  Somehow it got left
out of THE GARDEN and Cloudbusting.  I've checked out a couple and the
interesting thing is that The Stone Book and the others in that series were
all published around 1978, so Kate must have read them within a year or so
of writing this article on "Children's books".

>From @EDDIE.MIT.EDU,@mitvma.mit.edu:IED0DXM@OAC.UCLA.EDU  Tue Jun 19
14:55:24 1990