Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1992-12 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Love-Hounds@wiretap.Spies.COM

From: Scott Telford <s.telford@ed.ac.uk>
Date: Thu, 9 Apr 1992 12:02:52 -0700
Subject: Re: Love-Hounds@wiretap.Spies.COM
To: w@dcs.ed.ac.uk
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: nnews@dcs.ed.ac.uk

In article <64949@apple.Apple.COM> rhill@netlink.cts.com (Ron Hill) writes:

>        Scott - Is Carriad Kate any good?  Is the article in Record
>collector any good?

Well, I've only got the last three issues of Never Forever (sic - not
Never for Ever) but...

It's not really up to Homeground standards of production, and of course,
Jon & Nev aren't quite so well-connected as the Homegrinders.  The
artwork doesn't compare to Paulina's or Debbi's in Homeground either.
However they do print old magazime articles, newspaper clippings etc.
Pretty much your average fanzine, really.

The RC article isn't particularly long, but did contain a few fact I
hadn't read before (none of which I can remember right now 8^). It's
pretty acurate as far as I can tell.

>        A friend of mine just brought over six episodes of one of Kate's
>favorite shows, _Faulty_Towers_.  Does anyone know anything about this, when
>was it on, how many shows were there, why were there so few, etc, etc.

I think this was first shown in the mid-70s ('76? '77? - before my time,
really 8^). Can't remember how many episodes were made - more than one
series I think.

PS. I was at Tori's Edinburgh gig last night. Boy, she can *sing*!
--
Scott Telford, Dept of Computer Science,      electric mail: s.telford@ed.ac.uk
University of Edinburgh, Mayfield Rd, Edinburgh, EH9 3JZ, UK.