Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1992-12 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Tori Amos

From: kms@world.std.com (Kelly M Stanonik)
Date: Tue, 7 Apr 1992 00:22:34 -0700
Subject: Re: Tori Amos
To: <love-hounds@WIRETAP.SPIES.COM>
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

v115p8d6@ubvmsd.cc.buffalo.edu (Quenby M Chunco) writes:

>Would anyone be able to post the lyrics to "silent all these years" by
>Tori Amos? I would much appreciate it.

Silent All These Years:

my momma sock it to me she taught me how
to live duh da da duh da da duh duh da

Oh, sorry...  Here it is:

SILENT ALL THESE YEARS excuse me but can I be you for
a while my DOG won't bite if you sit real still I got the
anti-Christ in the kitchen yellin' at me again yeah I can
hear that been saved again by the garbage truck I got
something to say you know but NOTHING comes yes I know
what you think of me you never shut-up yeah I can hear
that but what if I'm a mermaid in these jeans of his with her
name still on it hey but I don't care cause sometimes I said
sometimes I hear my voice and it's been HERE silent all
these years so you found a girl who thinks really deep
thoughts what's so amazing about really deep thoughts boy
you best pray that I bleed real soon how's that thought for
you my scream got lost in a paper cup you think there's a
heaven where some screams have gone I got 25 bucks and a
cracker do you think it's enough to get us there years go by
will I still be waiting for somebody else to understand years
go by if I'm stripped of my beauty and the orange clouds
raining in my head years go by will I choke on my tears till
finally there is nothing left one more casualty you know
we're too EASY easy easy well I love the way we com-
municate your eyes focus on my funny lip shape let's hear
what you think of me now but baby don't look up the sky is
falling your MOTHER shows up in a nasty dress it's your
turn now to stand where I stand everybody lookin' at you
here take hold of my hand yeah I can hear them...

That should be about as accurate as you can get

--
// Kelly Stanonik         | "Clipper apps for the 90's, 00's, 10's & beyond"
// Profit Concepts, Inc.  | "We write software, so you don't have tooooooo"