Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1992-12 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Y Kant Tori Read

From: kyrlidis@athena.mit.edu (Angelos Kyrlidis)
Date: Sat, 4 Apr 1992 07:29:43 -0800
Subject: Re: Y Kant Tori Read
To: <love-hounds@WIRETAP.SPIES.COM>
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: news@athena.mit.edu (News system)

In article <64810@apple.Apple.COM> katefans@chinet.chi.il.us (Chris n Vickie) writes:

>Enquiring, and confused, minds want to make sure before I mail this
>off. I'd feel pretty darn silly if I sent it to R&M and it turned
>out to not even be Tori Amos.
Quoting from the March 28 issue of Billboard (where a great review of
_Warpaint_ appears):

-----
The North Carolina native is referring to a brief stint in 1988 as the front
woman of Y Kant Tori Read?, a band that cast her as sex-kittenish hard-rocker.
The now more demure Amos looks back on that effort with a philosophical smile.
"Every place you land in life has a reason and a lesson", she says. "I think
that period of time was, partially, a means of dealing with sexual repression I
experienced when I was growing up"...
----

So, yes there is eveidence that it is the same TOri AMos.

Hope this helps

Angelos
|'My ears have parasites'-hApPy RhOdEs|