Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1992-12 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

I've figured it out

From: mdc@bsbbs.oh.us
Date: Wed, 1 Apr 1992 18:41:32 -0800
Subject: I've figured it out
To: att!wiretap.spies.com!love-hounds

MTARR@EAGLE.WESLEYAN.EDU writes:

> has begun.  Everybody I've talked to who has acquired this album has agreed
> that they haven't been able to stop listening to it since they got it, and
> they're not tiring of it at all.  They, myself included, can't really figure
> out why they like it, if they're sure they like it at all.  But the fact
> remains that I myself have listened to it at least 30 times in the two weeks
> since I got it, including four straight times through last Thursday afternoon
> and when it's not on it's going through my head and I wait in anticipation
> until I can get home and put it in the player.  Similar symptoms have been
> reported across the globe.

Of all of the songs on the CD, _Me and a Gun_ is the one that I
find stays with me constantly.  It's definitely the most painful
to listen to and is not my favorite song on the album but I just
can't seem to keep it off my mind.

> I'm not knocking Tori's talent.  In fact, I'm glad to see her opening the
> door for other female artists, be they newcomers or women with long careers
> behind them who have never gotten the recognition they deserved, at least
> in this country (sound like anyone we know and worship?).  But there must
> be magic involved, because otherwise I just can't figure this whole thing
> out.

I'm really glad to see that Tori isn't interested in
comparisons with Kate or any other female artist.  It seemed like
she almost took offense at the suggestion- not because she
doesn't like Kate, but because it's something that is generally
done when discussing female artists.  I tend to describe
my favorite singers in a way that most people can relate to-
and it just happens that Kate and Tori have vaguely similar
styles, so it's easiest to use that comparison.

 Melissa Caldwell                         You want my reply?
 The Big Sky BBS (+1 614 864 1198)         What was the question?
 {n8emr|nstar}!bluemoon!bsbbs!mdc           I was looking at the Big Sky
 mdc@bsbbs.columbus.oh.us