Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1992-11 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Sarah, Tori, Gorey, Kate, and Brazil

From: E Welsh <welsh@epcc.edinburgh.ac.uk>
Date: Sat, 28 Mar 1992 07:27:43 -0800
Subject: Re: Sarah, Tori, Gorey, Kate, and Brazil
To: w@dcs.ed.ac.uk
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: nnews@dcs.ed.ac.uk

Meredith writes:
> >Okay, If a reviewer her in b.f. Indiana loves it, I just gotta hear
> >this stuff!!  They also show a pic of her with a v-cut black long
> >sleeve shirt and jeans with a belt.  Although it is a typical
> >newspaper photo, I see where they get the Amy Grant line, though
> >she's definitely got those Luscious Lips A La KaTe!!!!!!!
>
> It's well worth it.  I don't know why I can't stop listening to it, but I
> can't.  As for your line about her lips, here's a line from "Silent All These
> Years" for you:
>
> "And you're staring again at my funny lip shape" ;)

I think you'll find it's:
"Your eyes focus on my funny lip shape." ;)
Sorry to be pernickity...

> Simon blasphemes: :)
>
> >OBKaTe: I can't stand KaTe's speaking voice! But don't tell anyone.
>
> Remember, sir, if her speaking voice were any different who's to tell
> what her singing voice would then be like.  I think it's charming, and I
> love her accent (as anyone who's heard me unconsciously imitate it when
> quoting her will vouch for)

I don't know what Japan's like  but although I'm  a  Brit  I am aware that,
generally speaking, British accents  are either considered "quaint"  or are
downright disliked on  the other side of the  Atlantic. I've got  a similar
gripe; the only thing that bugs me more  than Bryan Adams' !@#$%^& song was
having to listen  to Robin Hood talk  with  an American accent. There, I've
got that out my system. Thankyou for being patient!

Back to Tori Amos - if you agree that KaTe's and Tori's  singing voices are
similar, their speaking voices couldn't be  more different. Tori's speaking
voice is deep, American and sexy. KaTe's is...well you  know what KaTe's is
like  and I happen  to  like it. But  Meredith's right. Of  course it's the
singing voice that is important.

/ Evan Welsh                                          <evan@ed.ac.uk> \
\ Edinburgh Parallel Computing Centre               (+44 31 650 5960) /