Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1992-11 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Melissa, I can't return your mail!

From: nmehl@rm105serve.cis.upenn.edu (Nathan J. Mehl)
Date: Thu, 26 Mar 1992 11:57:10 -0800
Subject: Melissa, I can't return your mail!
To: rec-music-gaffa@rutgers.edu
Illegal-Object: Syntax error in Message-Id: value found on wiretap.Spies.COM:Message-Id: <920326#119#115522:nmehl@rm105serve.cis.upenn.edu> ^-illegal end of message identification
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: news@noc2.dccs.upenn.edu

Date: Thu, 26 Mar 92 09:20:42 -0800
From: MAILER-DAEMON (Mail Delivery Subsystem)
Subject: Returned mail: Service unavailable
To: nmehl

554 mdc@bsbbs.UUCP... Service unavailable

   ----- Unsent message follows -----
Date: Thu, 26 Mar 92 09:20:42 -0800
To: mdc@bsbbs.UUCP
Subject: This may not get through.

>Welcome to gaffa!!  I decided to email you rather than posting
>this publicly because of the recent difficulty with the
>newsgroup.  If your questions have already been answered- sorry
>for the duped info...

Well, I've gotten several replies to the post, and Wisner sent me
the FAQ list at my other address, so yes.  But I'm not complaining
at all- there are few sights as beautiful to me as a full incoming
mailbox.  I *like* hearing from people - the information is almost
secondary.

>formed a group called the KT Bush Band.  You'll see the KT
>symbol in some of her videos, specifically, Army Dreamers and
>The Big Sky.

Interesting.  I've never actually seen any of her videos, excluding
the Hammersmith Odeon show.  Do MTV/VH1 ever play them, or will
I have to break down and buy The Whole Story / Singles File tapes?

>original KT idea.  Each of her albums except The Whole Story has
>this KT symbol somewhere on the album or album cover.

Really?!  Eek- time to spend a few hours staring at my CDs.  I'd
*never* noticed this.  Any clues as to where?

>>(I kind of hope so, seeing as it's the same as mine: 7/30)
>Oooh, I'm jealous!! Yes, it's Kate's birthday too!  KaTemas is

It was great- about two years ago, I was poking through the new
"Life in Hell Fun Calendar."  I flipped through to July to see
what bit of useless trivia Groening had seen fit to include on
my birthday, and damn near fell over when I saw "b. 1958 Kate Bush,
singer."  I'd been a Kate fan for about a year and a half then,
and it was like being told I was related...  I keep meaning to
send her a "Happy Birthday to Us" card or something like that, but
I've never found an address where I felt confident anyone but a
secretary would read it...

>I really hope that someone else has responded to your questions
>already.  When I was new to the group I felt ignored, though
>no-one intends to ignore newbies.  Be sure to try and catch the

Ignored?  Quite the opposite- I feel quite attended-to.  It's
flattering, though I suppose I shouldn't get used to it. :)

>I love your signature line.  Are you involved with the medical
>profession in any way?  :-)

Glad that *somebody* liked it- mostly I got flames about it being
over four lines long.  As far as being involved in the medical
profession, a lot of my temp jobs have been with doctors and hospitals,
so I suppose you could say so.  I definately like the atmosphere
and the people.  I might even consider doing med school, but acting
has to come first for the moment...

It was nice to hear from you- write back!

-Nathan Mehl-
The University of Pennsylvania (sad, but at least I'm not a student)
   .

Moderator: if you want to pass this on to Melissa rather than
posting it, that's fine with me.

*    -Nathan J. Mehl-     * Destined to be the only queer Guns'n'Roses   *
* nmehl@pennsas.upenn.edu * fan on the planet. And probably deserves it. *