Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1992-11 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

re: Brazil

From: ganzer@cod.nosc.mil (Mark T. Ganzer)
Date: Thu, 26 Mar 1992 10:30:35 -0800
Subject: re: Brazil
To: love-hounds@wiretap.spies.com
Cc: ganzer@cod.nosc.mil

I  have the book "The Battle of Brazil" at home (bought it on the
closeout  rack years ago). It was written by a Los Angeles  Times
movie  critic  who chronicled the exploits of Gilliam to get  the
movie  made  and released. A whole chapter is devoted to the  way
the  film won the 1985 L.A. Film critics award. A similar  effort
to get an Oscar nomination didn't pan out.

It's  been  years since I since I saw the laser-disk  version  at
Andy Marvick's house in LA. I do remember the movie was well over
2 hours in length, thus I do think this was the "director's cut",
since  one  of  the  battles that Gilliam had  was  the  studio's
insistance on getting the movie under 2 hours in length

Mark  T.  Ganzer            NRaD (formerly  Naval  Ocean  Systems
Center)
ganzer@nosc.mil          San Diego, CA