Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1992-11 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Happy Rhodes

From: Vickie Mapes <vickie@pilot.njin.net>
Date: Fri, 27 Mar 1992 17:43:56 -0800
Subject: Re: Happy Rhodes
To: love-hounds@wiretap.spies.com

Quenby asks about Happy Rhodes...

She doesn't have a nationwide distributor (yet) only regional ones in
various areas of the country. It's too bad that you can't find her in
Buffalo, since she's a New York (state) artist. Here is the address
to either order, or give to your loval record stores, so they can
order. (Tip: if you order directly from Happy, she'll sign your CD
if you ask her to)

Aural Gratification, P.O Box 8658, Academy Station, Albany, NY 12208

This address will go directly to Happy, not a middleman, so tell her
you heard of her in rec.music.gaffa and say hi!

She has 5 albums out, Warpaint is the only one on CD (though the 1st 4
will be released on CD in May-yay!) and it is $13.99 + $2.00 p&h.

I just had one of the most wonderful experiences of my life, when I
traveled from Chicago to Albany and Philadelphia to see her in concert.
Meeting Happy for the first time (I've "known" her since 1988) and
seeing the concerts goes into my personal history books, and it all was
made even better by being able to meet many Ectophiles/Love-Hounds that
I've known via e-mail for a long, long time. Woj, Meredith Tarr, Kiri
Hargie, Greg Bossert (footah!), Anglelos Kyrlidis, Jessica Dembski,
Doug Burks, Jeff Burka, and many, many more-they all were wonderful!
I want to do it all over again!

Vickie

ps: thanks for being interested!!