Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1992-11 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Happy Rhodes

From: ed@wente.llnl.gov (Ed Suranyi)
Date: Fri, 27 Mar 1992 15:36:44 -0800
Subject: Re: Happy Rhodes
To: rec-music-gaffa@ames.arc.nasa.gov
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: usenet@lll-winken.llnl.gov

In article <1992Mar27.205053.21959@acsu.buffalo.edu> v115p8d6@ubvmsb.cc.buffalo.EDU (Quenby M Chunco) writes:
>I have heard the singer Happy Rhodes mentioned quite frequently on this
>newsgroup. The only thing is....I can't find her! I have looked in local
>record stores but there is no sign of any music by her. How would she
>be listed?

That's because she has no real distributor.  Very few record stores carry
her.  For months, only one record store in the Bay Area carried her latest
album, Warpaint, for example.  It's gotten slightly better now -- perhaps
a half dozen stores in this metropolitan area now have had at least one
copy.  But it's still difficult.  Your best bet is to write to Aural
Gratification for her albums.   I don't know the address offhand, but I'm
sure Vickie Mapes or Jorn Barger, among others, do.

Ed
ed@wente.llnl.gov