Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1992-10 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: tori,sarah,johnette,niki,?,kate

From: brownfld@mrcnext.cso.uiuc.edu (Kenneth R Brownfield)
Date: Tue, 17 Mar 1992 04:00:50 -0800
Subject: Re: tori,sarah,johnette,niki,?,kate
To: <love-hounds@WIRETAP.SPIES.COM>
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: usenet@ux1.cso.uiuc.edu (News)

jessica@athos.rutgers.EDU (jessica) writes:
[...misc stuff and Concrete Blonde video stuff...]
>btw: I tihnk johnette looked really good - better than in the "joey"
>video (imho). Do *not* cry sacriledge - this is my own personal
>opinion here! At times in the video, out of the corner of my eye, she
>looked a bit like kate - just sort of the overal image.. it would
>catch my attention with a little pull... Just like the bits on Happy
>Rhodes' _Warpaint_ that makes my ears perk up a tiny bit wondering
>"kate?".

     Wow.  That's neat, actually.  Johnette is about as far from Kate as I
can imagine, except for similar dark hair.  Johnette's is waist long, tho.
ANYWAY, have you seen the Caroline video?  Johnette was astonishing in that
one.  The clothes and makeup were really good.
     Does anyone have any negative opinions of Tori Amos' latest?  I've only
seen good reviews here, and while I'd welcome good music into my collection,
my starving wallet wants to make darn sure its _good_ music that's making _me_
starve!  My hesitation is caused by the fact that her first album was, uh,
not exactly playable from beginning to end, in my humble opinion.

[...]
--
							Ken.
Mail&info via finger:  KT@uiuc.edu	    brownfld@mrcnext.cso.uiuc.edu