Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1992-10 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

lawnmower man

From: woj@remus.rutgers.edu
Date: Tue, 17 Mar 1992 00:33:46 -0800
Subject: lawnmower man
To: love-hounds@wiretap.spies.com

rhill@netlink.cts.com (Ron Hill) sez:
>        On a "Deeper Understanding" note, I saw "Lawnmower Man" the other
>day.  The first two thirds is pretty interesting, but it degenerates into a
>Standard Steven King Thriller by the end.  Unfortunately it doesn't show
>much knowledge about computers.

funny. i read an article in the local paper today where king blasted
the movie's makers for warping the plot and story muchly from his
original short story. paraphrased from king, there is only one scene
in the flick that bears any resemblance to anything in the short,
which you miss "if you go out for popcorn". amusing, anyways. no idea
if this is true as i don't really care to see the film or read the
short...
--
woj - frimmin on the jim jam froppin at the krotz - no dolby required