Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1992-10 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re:tori,sarah,johnette,niki,?,kate

From: MTARR@EAGLE.WESLEYAN.EDU
Date: Tue, 17 Mar 1992 08:56:59 -0800
Subject: Re:tori,sarah,johnette,niki,?,kate
To: LOVE-HOUNDS@WIRETAP.SPIES.COM

Hi!

Jessica writes:

> I can't *wait* to see Sarah McLachlan live! I will go see
> her in boston, most certainly - Does anyone know of any
> other tour dates? If she comes to NYC or Philly, that'd be easier..
> (or i could go to both?)  I also got "into the fire" on video
> last night.. mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm yum.

I fell irretrievably in love with her the minute I saw her come out of that
mud. ;)  I love how there isn't a bit of fire in the video....just water.
Neat.

Oooh, I can't make it to Boston...does ANYBODY out there have a complete tour
schedule for this woman???

> Also got the new concrete blonde video on tape! Wonderful!!!!

Oh, what an image.  Jessica and Meredith both sitting in front of their
televisions last Sunday night, VCR remotes in hand, one in New Jersey and the
other in Florida, waiting, just waiting, for the opportunity to catch the "Into
The Fire" video on tape and then being psyched because they got the new
Concrete Blonde video, too. :) You're right, Jessica, Johnette looked infinitely
better than in the "Joey" video- she looked like she was trying out for the
Ramones in that one.  Ick.  I like the addition of the nose ring, too- it fits
her.

> saw a few lush videos - i just can't make up my mind if i like lush or
> not! Sometimes i do, sometimes they're just sort of ok.

I got 'em on tape too- did you?  I don't know if I like them either.  I did
like what Micki said about dumping Robin Guthrie as producer because the only
reason they hired him was for his knowledge of the best restaurants in London,
and he finally took them to a bad one. ;)

> I don't know the name of the girl in the sugarcubes.. I like
> the video for "hit" a lot.

Bjork Gotmundsdottir (I think I misspelled that), otherwise known simply as
Bjork.  Wonderfully exotic-looking, isn't she?  Now if they'd just put concrete
shoes on Einar and dump him into the North Sea, the Sugarcubes would be an
awesome band...

Got "Little Earthquakes" today, but haven't had a chance to listen to it yet.
Suddenly our cable system at home no longer carries VH-1 (they used to have it
from midnight to 8am, when the local educational channel was off the air), so
I had to miss out on the video the other night... :(

	    |   	    Meredith A. Tarr               |
	    |   "Oh let me fly, give me something to show  |
	    |      for my miserable life..." -Kate Bush    |
	    |	         mtarr@eagle.wesleyan.edu          |