Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1992-08 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: sKaTing

From: gatech!chinet.chi.il.us!katefans@EDDIE.MIT.EDU (Chris'n'Vickie of Chicago)
Date: Mon, 24 Feb 1992 01:30:40 -0800
Subject: Re: sKaTing
To: rec-music-gaffa@chinet.chi.il.us
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

Ed writes:
>Vickie writes:
>
><I once gave Todd Browing about 5-6 tapes full of music to give to
><Caryn Kadavy, and mentioned that it would be great if they got
><passed around. I have yet to hear anything on any of the tapes
><(including lots of Kate and Cocteau Twins) in anyone's program,
><so I suspect they're sitting on a shelf somewhere. :-(
>
>Are you aware, Vickie, that vocal music is not permitted in competitions?

Yes, I do know that. I was referring to either instrumental bits or
exibition programs, not amateur competitions. I believe Professional
competitions allow vocal music. One can always hope...

John Zimmer, I've always liked Caryn too (Cynthia, you're right, Carlo
Fassi also coached her) and thought that she'd be likely to use more
interesting music in her programs. It's not been proved true :-( but
I still like her. Still, obviously I should have given the tapes to
someone else, though.

Cynthia, you're also right about Jill Trenary having second thoughts
about the Olympics because of the removal of compulsory figures. I had
forgotten aobut that.

Vickie