Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1992-08 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: sKaTing

From: usenet%agate.Berkeley.EDU@ucbvax.Berkeley.EDU (USENET Administrator)
Date: Sun, 23 Feb 1992 15:33:10 -0800
Subject: Re: sKaTing
To: rec-music-gaffa@ucbvax.Berkeley.EDU

From: jtchern@ocf.berkeley.edu (Joseph Hernandez)
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Date: 23 Feb 1992 23:33:09 GMT
Sender: JTC Enterprises Musical Matters Department

In article <63117@apple.Apple.COM> daemon@Apple.COM (Wizard's Assistant) writes:

>>Are you aware, Vickie, that vocal music is not permitted in competitions?
>
>I have no idea what the official rules are, but today I caught a brief
>glimpse of one of the EUN skater's routine in an Olympic overview sort of
>thing, and he was skating to something with vocals.  I don't recall what
>song it was, but it had russian vocals.  And I doubt it was a matter of
>over-exuberant fans singing along...;-)

I think the performance of the skater from the EUN did have vocals in the
music. If I am not mistaken that was an exhibition performance from yesterday
when most of the skaters just skate for the crowd, nothing serious. I believe
that music with vocals are okay in these situations since it was not an
official competition.

Hail Kristy Yamaguchi!

Joe, a big fan from Berkeley
--
*****  *****  *****  Joseph TeleCommunications Enterprises World Headquarters
    *    *    *                One Telecommunications Complex Center