Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1992-07 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Strange Phenomena (of sorts)

From: brownfld@mrcnext.cso.uiuc.edu (Kenneth R Brownfield)
Date: Tue, 18 Feb 1992 11:09:02 -0800
Subject: Re: Strange Phenomena (of sorts)
To: love-hounds@wiretap.spies.com

Judi writes:
[...some stuff...]
> Also- Cynthia : my mail to you still keeps bouncing, even tho all my other
> mail reaches everybody else! Must be using the wrong derivative from your
> sig. Could I ask you to send me your address via email?

     I tried to send this before, but I never saw it.  If you've seen it
already, sorry for the repost, folks.  I also apologize for it's out-of-
datedness.

--

judi@coyote.datalog.com (Judi McKernan) writes:
>   Cynthia- I will be sending you a reply via email, as you have
>requested.  Let me know  if it does not reach you.

     A hint on getting mail to Cynthia:
     Use this address, it should work from 99.23% of sites (guarantee void
where prohibited.)  {nstar|n8emr}!bluemoon!bsbbs!cynthia@iuvax.cs.indiana.edu
							^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
						Note this.  Bag your message
						unless you include this.

     I know that jungle gym of letters by heart, I've tried to mail using it
so many times.  Her .sig is close, but not quite.

>   On the other hand- I asked you to reply to ME via email, as you
>easily could have done. Was this too difficult for you to do? Or did
>you wish to continue the crap in public?

     She has the right to reply to public flames/comments in public.  It
takes voluntary responsibility and voluntary tact to go beyond the "right"
and do what _is_ right.
     IMESHO, of course.  No one can or should expect to force her or anyone
else to take that extra step.  What vibes she gives off are entirely her
responsibility.
     I'm not going to respond to the flames in gaffa anymore, period.  Only
in email.  We'll find out how willing Cynthia is to stay in an audience of
one at a time.  I hope I will be pleasantly surprised.

     "Thanks for your letter, Mr. Whitcomb, but I would like to make it very
clear to all of you that I do _not_ defecate.  I am above all such forms of
human toil, including mistakes, although I do eat fish."
						-- Kate Bush (Not.)

     Fish for me is one of the forgotten sins, at least most of the time. Ick.
     :)
     TSW was Sept. or Oct. '89, right?  We have until Sept. '93 before we
can justifiably climb the walls and eat our pets...*urk* maybe Sept. of this
year, I'm losing it already!
     Finally (yes, I'll shut up one of these days! :) who was the original
Love-Hound to use "your mileage may vary" in posts?  I use it so much I
better get permission!

>                                judi
							Ken.

Ha!!!  Take those you flame-causing net-bacteria!  Away!  Away!