Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1992-06 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Unaware I'm tearing you asunder

From: brownfld@mrcnext.cso.uiuc.edu (Kenneth R Brownfield)
Date: Sun, 9 Feb 1992 15:39:48 -0800
Subject: Re: Unaware I'm tearing you asunder
To: love-hounds@wiretap.spies.com

Cynthia writes:
[...]
>Lessee, my access has been sporadic it seems , but I got a
>couple messages though I no longer have the original post.

>To Peter Manchester, I think it was:

>Well, if you have any real curiosity as to my "contributions"
>to Love-Hounds, check archives, I'm sure you'll find my
>heinous postings on subjects relating to Kate as well as not
>relating to Kate, depending on how subjects come and go.

     Depending on how subjects go, yes.  A lot of your posts had something
to do with Kate, but their purpose is an entirely up-in-the-air matter.

>As to your sudden interest in my favorite Kate sonngs, and
>non-favorites and why, I do have favorites and lesser liked
>ones, and reasons why.  However, since when are you so

     If you're so defensive of rights to express opinions, why are you so
hesitant to express your own?  I'd like to see them, really.  I would be
completely civil and myself if you spoke of Kate without what I might
interpret as insulting drivel.  Again, this does not mean you _have_ to
in order to please me, on the contrary.

>interested in only _my_ humble opinions?  I don't think I need
>to "justify" myself to anyone, if you are sooo very curious,
>feel free o email me, as the discussion in the group currently
>does not seem to be about favorite/non-favorite Katesongs and
>reasons for such.

     Hahahaha.  "feel free o email me."  You won't talk about Kate here,
but you will flame.  We're not looking for consistency with the flame war,
we're looking for consistent constructive Kate discussion.
     In other words, it is my own personal belief that you should take
the insults to personal mail (like I have with many people, and come to
an agreement very easily) and put your brain end in gaffa instead.
     You haven't justified yourself yet.  Why start now?
     And besides, who's holding up the flame string with her own hands?  I
know you'll have an excuse.  No need to post it.

>I'll be glad to tell the heartwarming  (though rather
>uneventful) story of how I came to like Kate, but LOve-Hounds
>would have to ask me (that is, more than 1 or 2) for me to
>bring that up when we aren't on that thread.  ANd when we were,
>I wasn't with posting capability, at least not too
>conveniently.

     Please, I need some heartwarming!
     Seriously!  Love-hounds is cold right now.
     I think what you're saying up there is that bringing up Kate would be
contraditory to the current discussion.  Ma'am, we're drooling for Kate
stuff.  _PLEASE_ post anything you have of interest to Kate.  If you have
no interest in posting Kate, and intent to use bizarre excuses not to, you
are in the wrong group.  Do you post your Kate thoughts to alt.flame?

>Suffice it to say, I like Kate, and it _is_ interesting how
>easily some people's buttons get pushed, but, that's the way
>it goes.

     Some of those buttons weren't meant to be pushed.  Why don't you learn
what the buttons on a human psyche do (including your own) before you pass
judgement or go on a pressing spree.  You'll live a much longer, happier
life, IMESHO.
     Not that you have to, but IMO your real self would come out a lot
better, much to our relief.  If you're the nice girl your friends claim
(which I believe completely,) why not show it off?  Why keep on with IMESHO
childish ridicule and toying?
     I want Cynthia the person, not Cynthia the bitch.  Again, so you don't
hop on the same wagon, that's my personal opinion.  Your decision will have an
impact on what I think, but it is certainly entirely up to you.  I think that
latter part is what you hide behind, but never really have understood.

>I think Vickie magnanimously said she wouldn't "mind" if I
>joined WormRoom, as long as I was a nice girl all the time,
>essentially.  Um, I'm honored by your stooping so low, but um,
>gee, for the foreseeable millenium, .. no thanks.

     Aren't they sooo condescending?
     If you saw condescension in an uncondescending post, do you think maybe
you have a reason to think that is true?  It was an offer of reconcliation.
If you have no intention of coming to an agreement or a compromise, stop the
charade that you want to.  You have no basis to insult a person because of a
completely home-made reason.  Oh, you have the right to, but you're only
deluding yourself.  I personally don't give a damn what you say if it's
insulting.  I may or may not be alone, but I don't think that's what you're
looking for.
     Well, at least it was worth a try.

>Later,
>Cynthia

>"Did you ever have one of them Fleet enemas?"

     No, how are they?

[...]