Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1992-06 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: In a Warm Room

From: brownfld@mrcnext.cso.uiuc.edu (Kenneth R Brownfield)
Date: Sun, 9 Feb 1992 15:18:30 -0800
Subject: Re: In a Warm Room
To: love-hounds@wiretap.spies.com

You write:

>brownfld@mrcnext.cso.uiuc.EDU (Kenneth R Brownfield) writes:
>> The following was created and performed by Desi The Three-Armed Wonder Comic:
>> |[WARNING.  This article is extremely ill-tempered and vicious, even by my
>> |standards.  And if you think this is bad, you should've seen the first
>> |draft.]
>> [...]
>>
>>      Well, that makes the rest worthless.

>You are under the sadly mistaken impression that you have the
>power to decide that for anyone other than yourself.

     No, not at all.  If that's what you discerned from my post, you are
mistaken.  I think it does make the rest worthless.  A missing IMHO, but I'm
not exactly tight in that area.

>  You may
>be speaking only for yourself, if so, then don't act like you
>are making a Decree for the Group.  Thanks.

     I'm not.  If you want to read that in and give me your own form of a
speech, do it in email.  No one here needs any more of it (not that I can
tell, IMESHO.)  I certainly don't.  I know that won't be enough, but there's
always something to be said for trying.

>>      If you want to correct someone, it's hard to do so using the same
>> methods.  Some of what you said is true, but your method makes your entire
>> argument no better.

>Au contraire, monsieur dogmatique... his argument was _much_
>better, cause it made sense, was based in reality, showed the
>inherent flaws in Jorn's ramblings, _and_ used many words that
>started with "P".   That's my opinion.  You got yours,  I got
>mine.  You just seem to hate it when anyone else's expresses
>theirs in a way you don't approve of.  That's life, Hon.

     Bull.  I love opinions.  I've said this many times, unfortunately you
will not recognize or admit it.  If you feel threatened by my opinions, that
does not mean I'm speaking for anyone besides me.
     Read my .sig.  It's the thing at the end.

>>      While your right to reply in the group is there, personal attacks
>> like this don't exactly have to be witnessed by all of us.  Why post what you
>> can send to a specific person and get much more constructive input through?
>> Email is a big help, I'd IMHO suggest everyone try it instead of pouring
>> napalm on the floor and throwing matches.
>
>As Melissa tried to make you comprehand, thems that gurgitates
>in public, entitles another to regurgitate in public.  If YOU

     Melissa and I are in agreement.  I don't know what the hell you're
thinking of.  We spoke in email.  It was so much easier and nicer, and indeed
there was a reason for it.  Clue in, Cynthia.
     But if it's cleared up in email, it can then be cleared up in public.
I know you have no intention of keeping insults out of the list, so just
admit it.  You'd be more accurately placed in alt.flame, IMESHO.

>don't like what people say or do in publc, your best bet is to
>MYOB.  Say what you wish in public, and wwhat you wish in
>Email, but please don't pretend that everyone do it all your
>way.

     Grammar aside, I'm not pretending.  You're a case in point.  If I
claimed that, your mere existence denounces my alleged "you have to be
exactly like me" attitude.
     I don't give a damn what you say.  My opinion is that gaffa is a place
for Kate Bush, not your insults.  If you had the presence of mind and respect
(definitions IMO) you may decide to keep it out of email.  This doesn't mean
I'm right in any way, or that I'm pushing it on anyone.  Many others have
that presence of mind to keep it out of the list.  Not that you should, or
anything, that would conform to my evil definition of responsibility.
     The purpose of this list is Kate Bush.  Not childish defensiveness.

[...]