Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1992-06 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Moderation

From: "Andy Gough, x4-2906, pager 420-2284, CH2-59" <AGOUGH@AZ.intel.com>
Date: Wed, 5 Feb 1992 16:14:00 -0800
Subject: Moderation
To: Love-Hounds@eddie.mit.EDU

>From:   The World Famous Bill Wisner <wisner@ims.alaska.edu>
>Do readers really want Love-Hounds to become truly moderated, and have
>extraneous articles (for some definition of extraneous) filtered out?

     My opinion is that posts don't need active censorship before being sent
out to the world (I receive the Love-Hounds digest).
     However, I think it would be appropriate for the Moderator to send Email
to those individuals who are having a flame-war via Love-Hounds to please cool
it and take the dispute to Email.  In this way, the Moderator would activly
try and keep the peace by asking voluntary cooperation.
     I would have liked to have seen this done regarding the ***** dispute,
which raged on for _months_ and had long since lost its relavance to KaTe, but
was relavant only to the personalities involved.  A nice note from the
Moderator might have helped to take this dispute to Email.  (I don't want to
type out what ***** is, as it might start it up all over again).
     I think what others can do, in a positive way, to end the flamage is to
start posting information and questions regarding KaTe!  If the volume of KaTe
material increases, the flames will be swamped out.
     So where is my KaTe related post?  Watch for "KaTe Bush's Secret
Carnival" -- coming soon to Love-Hounds.

Regards,
Andy