Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1992-06 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Moderation

From: caen!bsbbs!mdc@harvard.harvard.edu (Melissa D. Caldwell)
Date: Thu, 6 Feb 1992 13:00:39 -0800
Subject: Moderation
To: love-hounds@wiretap.spies.com

AGOUGH@ch3.intel.COM ("Andy Gough, x4-2906, pager 420-2284, CH2-59") writes:

      I think what others can do, in a positive way, to end the flamage is to
> start posting information and questions regarding KaTe!  If the volume of KaT
> material increases, the flames will be swamped out.

Okay, here's something that I've been curious about for a while
now...  A couple of years ago Richard and I bought a
single of _Wuthering Heights_.  It doesn't look like any other
single I've seen.  It does not have a paper label. Instead, it
looks as though the record was painted and the titles are
engraved rather than printed.  The "paint" is silver.  The
copyright date is 1977 and the text on this record is identical
to the info printed on our other copies of _Wuthering Heights_.
The record has a "Made in the U.K." sticker on it and is
in a plain black sleeve.  The copyright warning is engraved
around the outside of the "label".

We paid $4.99 for this single at a small record shop in
Orlando, Florida.  Most of the singles we've seen at record
shows are being sold for $5.00 or more, but none of them look
like this one.  Any info about this single would be appreciated.

  Thanks!

 Melissa Caldwell                         You want my reply?
 The Big Sky BBS (+1 614 864 1198)         What was the question?
 {n8emr|nstar}!bluemoon!bsbbs!mdc           I was looking at the Big Sky
 mdc@bsbbs.UUCP