Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1992-06 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Something Kate related, anyone interested?

From: lionhart@netlink.cts.com (Jackie Zucconi)
Date: Thu, 6 Feb 1992 16:34:36 -0800
Subject: Something Kate related, anyone interested?
To: love-hounds@eddie.mit.edu

  I've always noticed that in Kate's song "Cloudbusting" she opens with the
line "I still dream of Organon and wake up crying." Now for sometime I
thought perhaps this is just a "spelling" mistake of some sort. Being a
Medievalist I've come across an interesting fact. Medieval universities
often gave a type of primer for logic and philosophy to their students, this
primer was actually a collection of treatises by Aristotle which the
Medieval scholars collected together and titled "Organon." Now I wonder does
Kate perhaps mean some sort of reference to this "Organon" when she
technically shouuld be saying "Orgonon?" If she is aware of the Medieval
primer then I suggest a theory: She is maybe giving a little dig at those
respected scientists that criticised Wm. Reich by mentioning a "basic text"
for logic and philosophy? Ron Hill was gracious enough to Email me a
discussion of Reich from the archives which helped me to formulate my
theory. Does anyone else have a theory about Kate's "spelling mistake?" I
was told someone actually wrote a letter to Kate about it and recieved a
reply but I don't think her answer was made public. Ball is your court now
people....
                                         --- Lionheart

--
INTERNET:  lionhart@netlink.cts.com (Jackie Zucconi)
UUCP:      ...!nosc!ryptyde!netlink!lionhart