Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1992-06 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Something Kate related, anyone interested?

From: brownfld@mrcnext.cso.uiuc.edu (Kenneth R Brownfield)
Date: Thu, 6 Feb 1992 17:49:26 -0800
Subject: Re: Something Kate related, anyone interested?
To: <love-hounds@WIRETAP.SPIES.COM>
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: usenet@ux1.cso.uiuc.edu (News)

lionhart@netlink.cts.COM (Jackie Zucconi) writes:

>  I've always noticed that in Kate's song "Cloudbusting" she opens with the
>line "I still dream of Organon and wake up crying." Now for sometime I
>thought perhaps this is just a "spelling" mistake of some sort. Being a
[...good stuff elided...]

     I personally don't know.  My guess is that she read it spelled Organon
instead of Orgonon.  The Reich reference is a little too esoteric to believe,
but then again, this is Kate we're talking about.  It would be great if this
was Kate's actual line of thought!
     Is there anything close to this in any interviews?  I'm Cloudbusting-less.

--

Mail only & info via finger:  KT@uiuc.edu  |            Ken.
This composition is 100% personal opinion. |  brownfld@mrcnext.cso.uiuc.edu