Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1992-05 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

spillane, > ethics, "talk"

From: Kevin Carhart <ukevc@mcl.mcl.ucsb.edu>
Date: Mon, 3 Feb 1992 02:28:06 -0800
Subject: spillane, > ethics, "talk"
To: love-hounds@eddie.mit.edu

Kate was mentioned as a collaborator of Davey Spillane on the celtic folk
radio show "Thistle & Shamrock" saturday.  I wonder how to handle putting
the same item on love-hounds and warmroom... it probably doesn't matter.
Incidentally, I basically joined warmroom because the more kate stuff, the
better, in a thoroughly apolitical way.  I think the split is too bad,
but it takes a very interesting group to muster emotional ties on the net
in the first place.
---
Ed Suranyi was saying how if he wants to respond to something in the middle
of a digest, he has to delete the rest, and insert ">" by hand.  Um, is there
anything unethical about paraphrasing?  I usually just type the >, write in
a paraphrase, and continue. Of course I don't do that if i'm answering
someone's precise opinion with its nuances.  Just e-mail me if you don't want
to take the list further from kate than it already is.  (One solution is
to use the net from a mac, with wonderful copying and pasting technology :) )
---
I think it would be cool to chat with love-hounds with the "Talk" command...
so the best way to go about it is probably that if my paging you is all right
with you if we're both on at once, e-mail me.  And if your "finger" and
"talk" recognize ukevc@mcl.ucsb.edu, please do.  Is there any precedent for
this?

Kevin
ZZ[?1;.