Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1992-05 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Dax Peel Sessions CD

From: larry@csccat.cs.com (Larry Spence)
Date: Mon, 3 Feb 1992 01:41:16 -0800
Subject: Re: Dax Peel Sessions CD
To: rec-music-gaffa@uunet.uu.net
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

In article <4840@oucsace.cs.OHIOU.EDU> aruss@oucsace.cs.ohiou.EDU (Andrew Russ) writes:

>	What i got a while back was a Janice Long session recorded for BBC
>radio 1.  4 songs, including "Fizzing Human Bomb", "Numb Companions",
>"Ostrich" and one other Jesus Egg That Wept song--at least that's what
>i think was on it.  All live in he studio versions recorded specifically
>for broadcast.
>	Is this US release a bona fide John Peel Session (i.e. something
>different) or a relrelease of the Janice Long session.  If it's new, what
>arethe date(s) sons, etc.

No, although I've seen it listed in all the ads as a "Peel Sessions" disc,
the actual US CD says "Danielle Dax - The BBC Sessions."  The track list
is basically what aruss said above:

  Fizzing Human Bomb (3:39)
  Pariah (3:36)
  Ostrich (3:57)
  Numb Companions (3:20)
  [recorded Dec 1 85, broadcast Jan 14 86 on Radio 1]

Like woj, I found a used copy for $5.  It's great!  Kinda sad that the best
thing (IMHO) I've bought in weeks is six years old... the versions are not
very different from the album tracks, but arguably better in spots.  Sound
quality is a little iffy, though, with noticeable tape hiss, etc.  On the
last track, there are a few little glitches, like punch-in/out clicks or mic
noise.  Is this on the UK CD and vinyl?

--
Larry Spence
larry@csccat.cs.com