Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1992-04 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Rocket Man single sighted in Boston

From: ed@wente.llnl.gov (Ed Suranyi)
Date: Mon, 27 Jan 1992 10:45:51 -0800
Subject: Re: Rocket Man single sighted in Boston
To: rec-music-gaffa@ames.arc.nasa.gov
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: usenet@lll-winken.llnl.gov

In article <92Jan27.093510pst.436418@wiretap.Spies.COM> john@genoa.UUCP (John M. Wheeler) writes:

I've seen the Rocket Man CD single in several stores in the Bay Area.
They include Reckless Records in San Francisco, Rasputin Records
in Hayward (the Berkeley store might also have it), and maybe
Amoeba Records in Berkeley.

>I seem to remember there being talk about a _Love and Anger_
>CD single.  Was that only in the UK?  I have the _Aspects..._
>single, and it's fabulous (except for some of the "choir"
>parts), but I've never seen a _Love and Anger_ single.

"Love And Anger" was released to the general public on a CD
single only in the UK.  It included some tracks from the film
"G.L.C.", like "Ken".  In the US it appeared on a promo CD
single that included just the one song.  This was a picture
CD (a close-up of the flower on the cover of _The Sensual World_).
The only format which was released to the general public (i.e. you
could buy it at a record store) was the cassette single.

Ed
ed@wente.llnl.gov