Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1992-04 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Rocket Man single sighted in Boston

From: tempest!genoa!john@sunne.East.Sun.COM (John M. Wheeler)
Date: Mon, 27 Jan 1992 09:28:50 -0800
Subject: Rocket Man single sighted in Boston
To: sunne!eddie.mit.edu!Love-Hounds@sunne.East.Sun.COM
Illegal-Object: Syntax error in Message-Id: value found on wiretap.Spies.COM:Message-Id: <9201271728.AA00457@genoa.> ^-illegal subdomain in domain

Boston area Love-hounds looking for the RM/CitW CD single
can find it at HMV in Harvard Square.  It's #23 (if I remember
correctly; maybe #13) on their CD single chart and cost me $9.99+tax.

I'd have to say I was disappointed with _CitW_.
In particular, I was quite distracted by the synth noises.
Kate was way down in the mix, too.
I think the song is great, but a rearrangement and remix
would help it out considerably.
(Disclaimer:  I don't think I've ever heard Elton John's version.)

I seem to remember there being talk about a _Love and Anger_
CD single.  Was that only in the UK?  I have the _Aspects..._
single, and it's fabulous (except for some of the "choir"
parts), but I've never seen a _Love and Anger_ single.

-john

tempest!john@sunne.east.sun.com