Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1992-04 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Gilmour?

From: Scott Telford <s.telford@ed.ac.uk>
Date: Mon, 27 Jan 1992 08:15:50 -0800
Subject: Re: Gilmour?
To: w@dcs.ed.ac.uk
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: nnews@dcs.ed.ac.uk

In article <9201271335.AA06301@EDDIE.MIT.EDU>, JONES@RPIECS.BITNET writes:
> Hi there folks--
>   In a recent posting, someone mentioned that Eric Clapton was helping
> Kate on her latest album, standing in for Dave Gilmour, who was injured.
> Could anyone please elaborate on this?  Is he seriously hurt?

The was a TV program on over here at Xmas about a car rally round
Mexico (called the Panamericana or something). Dave and another Floyd
member whose name I can't remember took part in an old Jag XK120
(I think). Unfortunately, part way through, they managed to trash the
car. I can't remember exactly, but I think Dave was injured in the
accident, but I don't think it was particulary serious (broken leg or
something).

Anyway, he survived to write the accompanying music for the program
and produce it too.

He was also in a spoof documentary on Xmas day about a childrens'
animated TV series of the 60s/70s ("The Return of the Magic
Roundabout"), saying earnestly how influential the psychedelic nature
of The Magic Roundabout was on the Floyd's music....

--
Scott Telford, Dept of Computer Science,   /   "I think she's one of the
University of Edinburgh, Mayfield Rd,      /    greatest composers of the