Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1992-04 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Tori Amos to be released in US on Feb. 25

From: A Rae <asr@castle.ed.ac.uk>
Date: Mon, 27 Jan 1992 08:07:29 -0800
Subject: Re: Tori Amos to be released in US on Feb. 25
To: gaffa-post@eddie.mit.edu
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Source-Info: From (or Sender) name not authenticated.

ed@wente.llnl.GOV (Ed Suranyi) writes:
>The latest issue of Billboard (Jan. 25) has a small ad for Tori
>Amos on the front page.  The ad says that her album will be released
>in the US  on February 25.

I'd forgotten it was released in Britain first. (It makes a change, mind
you)

I hope it does well. It certainly deserves to, even though it isn't your
standard modern "shikka-shikka-tish-tish-shikka-shikka-tish-tosh" drum
machine orientated stuff that will appeal to a mass market. (I nearly
said "crap" instead of "stuff" there... bang goes my family audience)

Anyone want me to post a review of Tori Amos in concert? She's gigging
Edinburgh on February the 14th and I grabbed a couple of tickets
sharpish.

--
Angus G Rae ("Cathy" VoiceMail) | JANET: asr@uk.ac.ed.castle
c/o Archie Howitt, Room 1508,   |  ARPA: asr@castle.ed.ac.uk