Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1992-04 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Radio 1 Classic Albums interview (26/1/92)

From: Scott Telford <s.telford@ed.ac.uk>
Date: Sun, 26 Jan 1992 08:16:33 -0800
Subject: Radio 1 Classic Albums interview (26/1/92)
To: w@dcs.ed.ac.uk
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: nnews@dcs.ed.ac.uk

This was one of the best interviews I've heard (even if the interviewer
did refer to "*The* Hounds of Love" 8^). KaTe was relaxed, witty,
giggly and generally altogether wonderful.

Much of what she said, she had said before (the story behind
"Cloudbusting", "A Deal with God" being retitled, etc) but she did say
some things I hadn't heard before: "The Morning Fog" *does* represent
the rescue of the character - although she admitted this wasn't
explicit. I suppose "The light.../Begin to bleed/Begin to breathe..."
does sound like someone's senses returning after being rescued from a
state of sensory deprivation...

The steam train effect at the end of "Cloudbusting" wasn't actually a
steam train (it was Del and a Fairlight whistle sample) and was
included mainly to mask the various instruments petering out
inconclusively at the end, and also to symbolize some sort of
"arrival".

No transcription yet, but if nobody else is feeling dweebish enough
(only joking guys! 8^), I might get round to it eventually.

--
Scott Telford, Dept of Computer Science,   /   "I think she's one of the
University of Edinburgh, Mayfield Rd,      /    greatest composers of the