Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1992-04 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Moving, Vaseline, Dax, etc...

From: caen!bsbbs!mdc@harvard.harvard.edu (Melissa D. Caldwell)
Date: Sun, 26 Jan 1992 08:36:52 -0800
Subject: Re: Moving, Vaseline, Dax, etc...
To: love-hounds@wiretap.spies.com

MTARR@EAGLE.WESLEYAN.EDU writes:

> Bzzzt.  Sorry.  Your other selections aren't bad, but "Lord of the Reedy Rive
> has always left me cold, wishing I'd skipped the track altogether.  I think
> it's that annoying reed-pipe stuff in the background, and she sounds like she
> was seriously stoned while recording the vocals.  However, I realize you like

I've never been enthused about _Lord of the Reedy River_ either.
Something about it just leaves me cold.  _Candle in the Wind_ is
another song that falls flat for me.  I've only listened to it a few
times, but I think it sounds so bad that it wouldn't bother me too
much if I never heard it again.

 Melissa Caldwell                         You want my reply?
 The Big Sky BBS (+1 614 864 1198)         What was the question?
 {n8emr|nstar}!bluemoon!bsbbs!mdc           I was looking at the Big Sky
 mdc@bsbbs.UUCP