Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1992-04 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Moving, Vaseline, Dax, etc...

From: MTARR@EAGLE.WESLEYAN.EDU
Date: Sat, 25 Jan 1992 13:09:50 -0800
Subject: Re: Moving, Vaseline, Dax, etc...
To: LOVE-HOUNDS@WIRETAP.SPIES.COM

Hi!

Doug admonishes:
> Reprent sinner!  "Lord of the Reedy River" belongs in the B-side hall
> of fame, along with "Under the Ivy", "Dreamtime", "Ran Tan Waltz" and
> "Warm and Soothing".

Bzzzt.  Sorry.  Your other selections aren't bad, but "Lord of the Reedy River"
has always left me cold, wishing I'd skipped the track altogether.  I think
it's that annoying reed-pipe stuff in the background, and she sounds like she
was seriously stoned while recording the vocals.  However, I realize you like
it, so please feel free to revel in it without fear of reproach from me- I'm
not one to tell people with opinions differing from mine to go screw, or
something to that effect.

If I choose not to repent, will I be sent to gaffan Hell?  (I wonder what that
would be like- chained to a chair with headphones glued to my head and forced
to listen to Samantha Fox albums for all eternity?)  :)
                |      	         Meredith Tarr                |
	        | "Living in the gap between past and future" |
	  	|	   mtarr@eagle.wesleyan.edu           |