Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1992-04 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

No Subject

From: Kevin Carhart <ukevc@mcl.mcl.ucsb.edu>
Date: Sat, 25 Jan 1992 16:59:26 -0800
To: <love-hounds@WIRETAP.SPIES.COM>

Here is more information about Theodore.  "Be Kind to My Mistakes" is the
first track.
Theodore: An Alternative Music Sampler from Columbia/Epic
Kate Bush -- "Be Kind to My Mistakes" (NON- ALBUM CUT)
Produced by Kate Bush    Current Columbia Album: The Sensual World

Welcome to The Sensual World of Kate Bush... You enter a silk-hung booth,
strip off coarse traveling clothes and slip into clean linen, pulling
the soft fabric ever so slowly over your skin.  As you step out onto plush
carpeting, peppery incense stings eyes and nose.  Soft hands slide into
the small of your back and urge you forward to a low table burdened
with bright bowls of fruit and steaming dishes pungent with the scent of
spice.  Soft voices murmur promises of extravagant, langorous pleasure-
taking Scheherazade only hinted at.  Sound appealing?  Then say "Um, yes!"
and be still.
     Kate Bush has figured prominently on the British music scene as a
cherished pop iconoclast right from the outset of her career in the late
70s.  The initial success of U.K. singles "Wuthering Heights" and
"The Man with the Child in his Eyes" was largely due to her unique stylized
vocals and striking appearance.  However with tracks such as "Babooshka"
and "Breathing," Kate shifted the focus of her considerable, growing
talents as musician, composer and producer.  By the mid-80's, Bush had created
an extraordinary body of progressive-leaning rock, easily as individual and
uncompromising (if not more so) as anything turned out by comrades-in-arms
Peter Gabriel and Pink Floyd.
     "Be Kind to My Mistakes" is a B side to the single of the title track
and is not included on TSW, but as on the album cuts, Kate moves beyond the
confines of technical prowess and intellectual pyrotechnics here, reaching
more immediate, viscerally motive terrain.  The physical realm beckons, and
Kate has replied "Um, yes!"

It is copyright 1990 and has a bunch of other good stuff on it.  I found it
at the San Francisco Tower for a really cheap price, and it has the look of
something heavily aimed at college radio types.  (I just became one today,
had my first show...)