Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1992-04 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Miss Manners kicks ass

From: caen!bsbbs!mdc@harvard.harvard.edu (Melissa D. Caldwell)
Date: Tue, 28 Jan 1992 18:35:40 -0800
Subject: Miss Manners kicks ass
To: love-hounds@wiretap.spies.com

barger@aristotle.ils.nwu.EDU (Jorn Barger) writes:

> We went and let the weirdness in, naively, idealistically, hopefully, but
> we still have the key, we can change our minds and *lock them out* in
> any number of ways.

Who exactly is "we"?  As long as we have this "us versus them"
mentality, flaming will continue.  I really do understand why
you made the proposals you did, Jorn.  Most people do not like conflict
and disagreement.  I do not- but I will not allow anyone to bad mouth
me publicly without a response.  If that makes you uncomfortable, I'm
sorry. There is nothing I can do about that, other than suppress
_my_ opinions and feelings, which is something I refuse to do.

Unless I am mistaken, this is an open forum, and as such, it is my
right to speak freely.  You (or anyone else for that matter) do not
have to agree with me, you don't have to like what I have to say, but
you cannot deny my right to speak.  Doing so constitutes censorship,
and we've already been through that discussion...

 Melissa Caldwell                         You want my reply?
 The Big Sky BBS (+1 614 864 1198)         What was the question?
 {n8emr|nstar}!bluemoon!bsbbs!mdc           I was looking at the Big Sky
 mdc@bsbbs.UUCP