Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1992-04 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Radio 1 Classic Albums interview (26/1/92)

From: Clive Backham <mcdd1!clive@EDDIE.MIT.EDU>
Date: Mon, 27 Jan 1992 02:40:37 -0800
Subject: Re: Radio 1 Classic Albums interview (26/1/92)
To: <love-hounds@WIRETAP.SPIES.COM>
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

In addition to Scott's information about Kate's Radio 1 interview,
she also explicitly said that "Mother" is about a woman protecting
her SON. I seem to recall some debate about whether this song was
written from a man's point of view (eg. can a "murderer" be a woman?, etc).
Mind you, it always seemed more obvious than that to me, considering the
line "Mother will hide the madman".

BTW, I have a recording of the interview (with the album tracks themselves
edited out); there's about 20 minutes of talk, 95% of which is Kate. If
anyone would like me to make a copy and post it to them, I will be happy
to do so, just email me.

- Clive  (mcdd1.uucp!clive@uknet.uucp)