Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1992-03 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Numbering systems and charcoal

From: brownfld@mrcnext.cso.uiuc.edu (Kenneth R Brownfield)
Date: Mon, 20 Jan 1992 14:08:51 -0800
Subject: Numbering systems and charcoal
To: love-hounds@wiretap.spies.com
State_Of_Sanity: Not applicable.

The following was created and performed by Steve Berlin:
[...]
|Y'know, this reminds me of why I *don't* read "Homeground".  Those fine
|charcoal and pen-and-ink drawingings done by oh-so-sensitive >arteests< do
|not make me think "Oh, this is a very sensitive likeness of Kate."  Instead,
|it makes me think "Oh, here is someone with clearly too much time on their
|hands."  Kinda the same reaction when I see someone type in a 500-line
|interview.  That over-worked cliche G.A.L. is still most appropriate.  Y'know,

     That's certainly true in a lot of cases.  Don't jump to the conclusion
too much, tho.

|I think there are three stages of KaTe Fandom:
|
|1)  The Kate Fan - owns HoL, THS, maybe TD.  Would not recognize them by those
|initials.

     I'm a #2 Fan, but THS?  The Hole Story?  ;)

[...]
|opposed to copying them off someone else).  Types in 10-year-old KaTe
|interviews

     Let's not go too far.  It takes an hour or two, but a hobby is a hobby,
regardless of outside opinion.  Collecting bottle caps is probably as time
consuming, but it isn't nearly as constructive.

[...]
|would get into fisticuffs over the meaning of "Gaffa".  Never heard of half
|the
|bands in Billboard's Top 10.  Basically is to Kate what a Trekkie is to Star
|Trek.

     Do I want to hear half the BIllboard bands?  I think not.  :)
     Pretty accurate comparison, tho.

|-Stev0

|P.S. - I'm not accusing Scott (the person who wrote the posting the artical
|that inspired me) of being a lifeless dweeb - I'm accusing "Hannah".

     It may be true, but it's hard to say.  One charcoal drawing is hardly
enough evidence to accuse someone of being a lifeless dweeb.  If she's an
artist trying to make a living, calling her a dweeb would be terribly rude,
unbased, tactless, etc..
     It probably took you awhile to write the article, are you a #2.5 KaTe
fan?  ;-)

[...]

--
Mail only & info via finger:  KT@uiuc.edu  |            Ken.